Thursday, March 14, 2013

My regrets with Blake...SPOILERS!!!!!

WARNING: This post contains major spoilers to my book. Read at your own peril.


Maybe I should have let her live... To be honest, I considered bringing her back to life... There were a lot of factors I considered when I was planning on bringing her back... A lot that should not be in the story. (Details on that might come in the future) Uggh she is such an awesome character, and I never got to explore her. Blake's death was definitely very sudden in my writing process... And depressing for me. I was just writing.. And then I thought "HEY! Why don't I let the Alchemist kill her."
Grrr I'm so awful. I can't bring her back without completely cutting her death... Which is a factor to be considered, letting Blake live would open up opportunities for getting many questions answered. (Blake knew about Dezra's situation. DUH she's a seer, of course she did. Right after she discovered this, Blake went and told Corrine.) Sigh... But if she doesn't come back it gives (SHHHHHH!) Katrina a valid reason to show up if she is even alive... Hmm. I definitely can't bring back too many characters.
I need to ponder on this...

Not only  is she an awesome character, but she is also one of the few blondes I have in my books...
This is the closest depiction of Blake that I have found... It's actually pretty exact to be honest. EXCEPT the eyes. Blake has green eyes...
GRASS GREEN to be exact. Not just green... or pale green. GRASS green. There is a difference

 And Blake as a child....























Still unsure if she will come back. Hmmm probably not, I'll just put her in some of Skandar's flashbacks in book 3. Seems like the better option.

No comments:

Post a Comment