Hehe uber... That's a funny word. If I were a Time Lord then that would definitely be what Geronimo, Fantastic, or Allons-y is to the Doctor. Just saying.
|Sandi just looks so much happier than me next to him!|
|Our glorious group. We were the youngest people there!|
Sorry about the blurry-ness of the picture,
everyone was too impatient to take more than one group picture.
Anyways, the ride to the Free Library in Philly was quite long, so there was a lot of book talk going on. (My favorite kind of talk!)We talked about all of Sanderson's epic stories and the possibilities of what could come. We talked about everything from superheroes to our favorite miserable situations in books and movies. I might just mention that one of the favorites mentioned was Kaladin's from The Way Of Kings. I'm not sure if I agree... probably just because it is way TO miserable for me to enjoy it... but it is a really good miserable situation. I can't come up with a certain single situation at the moment, but I do have a small list... (They don't give anything away.. its just names. those who have read these books will know what I am talking about.)
- Marsh - Mistborn Trilogy (tear tear :'( ) by Brandon Sanderson
- Kaladin Stormblessed - The Stormlight Archive (uh... duh.) By Brandon Sanderson
- Dezra Young - The Opal Trilogy (Hehe)
- Severus Snape - ...if you don't know what series he is from, then I disown you right now.
- Darrow - Chanters Of Tremaris Trilogy (Mainly Book 3 'The Tenth Power') By Kate Constable
- Dinosaur - All My Friends Are Dead, By Avery Monson & Jory John (Har har har har)
OH! One more thing, if you do make a miserable situation, be sure that the character at least comes out with a slightly different outlook on things... what would be the point of throwing a character into the Pits of Hathsin, or making him a slave to carry bridges across great distances, if they don't go through any development whatsoever? There wouldn't be a point. So make sure your character develops a little bit from that trial.
Oh hey! Did you leave me an idea for a writing prompt yet? If not please do it! :D