Tuesday, April 16, 2013

The Dreaded Lull.

Have you ever written a scene that seems so incredibly perfect... and then once you get past it, you hit a lull? Its as if all the action was sucked into that awesome scene and left you dry and out of ideas for the aftermath?
Yeah... this moment is always a hard time for me. It have trouble getting through those slow parts. It probably look me a weeks to write a few pages of aftermath from my climax.
Well, I don't have a cure for this, but what I do know, is that they need to be written. So its best to get it over with. Because lets face it, that book of yours, it is not going to write itself. And you sure as heck do not want someone else stealing your idea. So get it out. Just put one word after another and soon enough you will hit more exciting parts.
This the cycle continues.


WRITING PICKS UP A LITTLE ->
VERY EXCITING SCENE ->
LULL ->
REPEAT.
 Good Luck.

No comments:

Post a Comment